Control Room Operator Emergency Response
CRO ER Online
|PLN + VAT|
19680 PLN (including VAT)
Training basic info
|Course category||OPITO trainings|
OPITO CRO ER (9004) - Control Room Operator Emergency Response
There are no specific timings for the duration of the CRO Emergency Response Competence assessment(s).
However, sufficient time and access to candidates must be arranged in order to ensure that all required
performance and knowledge criteria can be suitably assessed during a minimum of 2 emergency scenarios.
A maximum of 3 attempts to achieve the successful assessment of the 2 emergency scenarios is permitted.
A formal declaration from the candidate’s employer confirming that the candidate has achieved the performance criteria :
Element 1.1 Maintain a State of Readiness This element is about maintaining a state of readiness and having an awareness of the working environment. Performance Criteria The candidate must demonstrate the following: 1.1.1 Effectively access current emergency procedures and report all anomalies. 1.1.2 Identify all conditions which may affect the emergency response. 1.1.3 Effectively hand over all safety critical information. 1.1.4 Effectively participate in drills and exercises. 1.1.5 Work safely in accordance with legislation, operational requirements and associated Safe Systems of Work. Underpinning knowledge and Understanding Within the limits of their responsibility, the candidate must be able to demonstrate that they know and understand: 1.1.6 How to access and interpret the current status of the appropriate equipment and systems (to include detection; protection; communications; evacuation; impaired systems and their mitigation in accordance with operational risk assessments) 1.1.7 How to access and interpret the status of operations and simultaneous operations. 1.1.8 How to access and interpret information on weather conditions. 1.1.9 How to access and interpret information on the availability of key emergency response personnel.
and that the candidate has been deemed ready for formal assessment against:
Element 1.2 Control Critical Situations This element is about identifying critical situations within the working area and reacting appropriately in order to assist with the control of those critical situations. Performance Criteria The candidate must demonstrate the following: 1.2.1 Identify developing and existing critical situations and acting on warning signs. 1.2.2 Interpret relevant alarms and take actions appropriate to the situation. 1.2.3 Monitor the situation and take effective action to minimise risks to personnel, process, plant and equipment. 1.2.4 Use of appropriate procedures relevant to the situation 1.2.5 Communicate the critical situation correctly to appropriate personnel 1.2.6 Recognise limits of authority Underpinning knowledge and Understanding Within the limits of their responsibility, the candidate must be able to demonstrate that they know and understand: 1.2.7 The operations of and potential implications of the emergency shutdown control systems 1.2.8 The operation of and potential implications of the F&G control systems
Element 1.3 Coordinate the Response to Emergencies This element is about the communication required to direct the responses of personnel to emergencies. Performance Criteria The candidate must demonstrate the following: 1.3.1 Accurately identify and immediately take the actions required to make the situation safe. 1.3.2 Activate all relevant alarms 1.3.3 Effectively communicate all relevant information and instructions. 1.3.4 Clarify and act upon information received 1.3.5 Record critical information. Underpinning knowledge and Understanding Within the limits of their responsibility, the candidate must be able to demonstrate that they know
and understand: 1.3.6 How to react appropriately (to include make safe; isolate; shutdown; evacuate the work area; informing connecting installations and others; do nothing; activate internal emergency response teams; inform duty personnel; inform adjacent facilities; activate ESD; account for people) 1.3.7 How to communicate the critical situation correctly to appropriate personnel
The course is designed for personnel who are about to be appointed to a CRO position or who are already serving as a CRO.
The aim of the Control Room Operator Emergency Response assessment programme is to assess delegate’s performance in controlling emergencies and critical situations, in the position of a CRO.
Assesment with OPITO accreditation.
The competence statements contained in this standard provide a clear description of performance in the workplace:
· What practitioners are expected to do
· The underpinning knowledge and skills they would require to enable them to do what was expected
· How they could demonstrate what was expected of them
· How their performance would be assessed
Confirmation of assesment implementation:
Certificate approved by the international organization OPITO
Extension of validity:
More information about the remote OPITO CRO ER Remote Assessment
The OPITO CRO ER Remote Assessment is an Assessment Only process. You must be ready for your online assessment. After booking this assessment you will receive a pre-assessment documentation.
The assessments are conducted using a simulator of your own asset type using your own Procedures. We simulate three scenarios from the following subjects:
1. Threat to life
2. Threat to environment
3. Threat to plant and equipment
Scenarios are prepared using relevant information from the your Company Safety Case and Emergency Response Plan for your appropriate asset type (s).
Procedure OPITO CRO ER Remote Assessment
1. Choose any day in our calendar in the next two weeks. This day is not the day you have to do the assessment, you can later choose the date for the online assessment.
2. You will receive the booking conformation and invoice by e-mail.
3. After you have paid the invoice, please reply on your booking conformation to email@example.com with your payment conformation. If you booked for somebody else, please provide also the delegates e-mail.
4. Within 1 working day you will receive the pre-assessment documentation form our partner Wild Geese Group.
5. Wild Geese Group will also schedule the online assessment with you and need to receive the completed pre-assessment company guide & declaration from your company.
6. After successfully completing the assessment, you will receive your certificate.
Kindly note, this remote OPITO CRO ER assessment is delivered completely online. To achieve optimum training quality and effectiveness to meet the expected OPITO Standard you must ensure you have working computer hardware and software available and tested for use at your location before the Assessments are to take place:
• Reliable broadband internet access at appropriate speed for the Zoom video conferencing
• Immediate Email and Telephone access
• PC / Mac with Browser - Google Chrome preferred
• Minimum Display Resolution 1366 x 768 (prefer 1920 x 1080)
• Microphone, Speaker and Video Camera compatible with ZOOM
• Free ZOOM software downloaded and tested before Assessment. Delegate must be familiar with basic use of ZOOM.
• Link to the Trident Virtual Command Center simulator will be issued for familiarization pre-assessment
• The delegates should be in a professional environment during the assessment such as company site or asset, not private residence
• Maintain a State of Readiness
• Control Critical Situations
• Respond to Emergencies
There are no specific timings for the duration of the CRO ER assessments. However, sufficient time must be arranged in order to ensure that candidates can be suitably assessed during a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 attempts.