Basic Technical Training - Mechanical
GWO BTT - Mechanical
|PLN + VAT|
1845 PLN (including VAT)
Training basic info
|Course category||GWO Basic Technical Training|
The Basic Technical Training modules are targeted at candidates who have
no previous experience of hydraulic, mechanical or electrical systems but may
also be used to up skill candidates who have some knowledge of these areas
in other spheres not specifically wind turbines. Upon completion of the full
GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Delegates will possess an awareness of
hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems, preparing candidates for
working both on and offshore in the wind power industry.
The aim of this BTT Mechanical Module is to give the Delegates the
knowledge and skills to carry out basic mechanical tasks (supervised by an
experienced technician) using safe working procedures and the correct PPE.
The BTT Mechanical Module shall ensure Delegates are able to:
● Explain the main components, mechanical systems and the basic
operation of wind turbines.
● Explain risks and hazards associated with mechanics.
● Understand the principles of bolted and welded connections and their
● Demonstrate practical skills to use manual tightening and measuring
● Demonstrate the correct use of hydraulic torque and tensioning tools.
● Explain the principles of a gearbox.
● Explain the function of the brake systems and demonstrate how to
● Explain the function of the yaw system and explain how to inspect it.
● Explain the function of the cooling system and demonstrate how to
● Explain the function of the lubrication system and demonstrate how to
The GWO BTT Mechanical module is one out of three standalone
qualifications which together form the full GWO Basic Technical Training. BTT
modules can be taken independently and in any order you wish. It is however
highly recommended that the mechanical module is taken as the first module.
The content of the BTT Mechanical module is:
● Introduction to Mechanical
● Mechanical Safety
● Mechanical Components
● Principles of a gearbox
● Function of the brake, yaw, lubrication and cooling systems
● Theoretical test
GWO BTT Module 1 Mechanical Certificate
Please note that certain companies may require specific or additional certification to meet their internal competency requirements. Vulcan Training strongly advises to check the competency/training requirements with your operator prior to booking the course with Vulcan. Vulcan can advise on general certification required in specific geographic regions, but there may be additional training requirements according to local or company internal guidelines.
Extension of validity:
There are no prerequisites for this module but some sort of practical
mechanical or electrical maintenance background would be useful.