Basic Technical Training - Hydraulic
GWO BTT - Hydraulic
|PLN + VAT|
1230 PLN (including VAT)
Training basic info
|Course category||GWO Basic Technical Training|
The Basic Technical Training modules are targeted at candidates who have
no previous experience of hydraulic, mechanical or electrical systems but may
also be used to up skill candidates who have some knowledge of these areas
in other spheres not specifically wind turbines. Upon completion of the full
GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Delegates will possess an awareness of
hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems, preparing candidates for
working both on and offshore in the wind power industry.
The aim of this BTT Hydraulic Module is to give the Delegates the knowledge
and skills to carry out basic hydraulics tasks (supervised by an experienced
technician) using safe working procedures and the correct PPE.
The BTT Hydraulic Module shall ensure Delegates are able to:
● Explain the basics of hydraulics
● Explain risks and hazards associated with hydraulic work
● Explain the function of different types of pumps and demonstrate how to
check start/stop pressure of a pump
● Explain the function of different types of actuators.
● Explain the function of different types of valves.
● Explain the function of accumulators and demonstrate how to check and
● Explain the function of different types of sensors.
● Identify the components which transfer the oil.
● Describe the handling of oil procedures.
● Identify and find different components on a hydraulic diagram.
● Demonstrate how to measure the hydraulic pressure accurately.
The GWO BTT Hydraulic Module is one out of three standalone qualifications
which together form the full GWO Basic Technical Training. BTT modules can
be taken independently and in any order you wish. It is however highly
recommended that the mechanical module is taken as the first module.
The content of the BTT Hydraulic Module is:
● Introduction to Hydraulic
● Safety during work in the field of power hydraulics
● Hydraulic elements in the turbine
● Operating principles of hydraulic systems using hydraulic pumps and
● The functions of hydraulic systems in a turbine
● Theoretical test
GWO BTT Module III Hydraulic Certificate
Extension of validity:
There are no prerequisites for this module but some sort of practical
mechanical or electrical maintenance background would be useful.